I know it’s been a few weeks…thanks to Healthy. Happy. Life. for this one!
Mini BBQ Veggie Vegan Pizzas
2 English Muffins, whole wheat (halved to make 4 pieces)
2-4 Tbsp BBQ sauce
4 Tbsp Daiya Mozzarella cheese
4 tsp vegan cheddar cheese (optional)
handful of broccoli florets – broken into mini florets
3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
a pinch of red pepper flakes
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
fresh basil (optional)
1. Turn your oven to broil (this can also be done in a toaster oven).
2. Slice your muffins in half. Lay on a baking sheet.
3. Add the BBQ sauce in a thin even layer to each muffin – open faced.
4. Add a pinch of Mozzarella and cheddar cheese to each muffin. You can add some fresh basil hidden beneath the cheese layer if you’d like.
5. Add the veggies – tomatoes, broccoli.
6. Pinch of red pepper flakes. Splash of EVOO on each muffin.
7. Place on the top rack of the oven for about 5 minutes – or until the cheese begins to bubble and brown.
8. Cool a few minutes before serving to allow cheese to set.